Tuesday, September 25, 2012

One of those days.......

It's been busy around here, and today we had one of those days....:(  Now when all kids are in bed, and I had some time just to my self, I am ready to talk about it :)

One of the boys was not honest  in the morning about something that happen and also was not honest about his homework (for 4 weeks), teacher gave him more homework and he never told us about it. ( and I specifically did ask him every week about it). Sergey went to school today and talked to boys teachers.

Another child decided to disobey school bus rules, and got citation for not listening after being told, like a 100 times.

I found out that one of my boys been using inappropriate language at school, but on other hand I was so proud of him to come to me and tell me all by himself.

Three of my boys decided to sweep our backyard with tree branches, our backyard is pure dirt, and after this all of them had to take very long showers(plus ElliAna because she was there too). When I opened our backyard door I almost chocked, dust was everywhere. I barely could see our kids :) now I can smile, everyone is clean and peacefully sleeping in their beds :)

One of the boys decided not to listen, and after I told him to come into to house, did refuse it for 5 times.

Another child got citation for continuing play with a ball after "stop time"at  school, and not keeping his feet and hands to him self(kicked and pushed another student).

There was a lot of drama and other little things all day long...


Boys went to bed early, and their is no tv and mario time for next few days.

But there was many good things, and I am so proud of all my kids. We had many conversations about God, and why it is very important to be honest, respectful and be polite, and how God is watching us. It's hard for kids to understand how God can be everywhere and watch them, I did explain but I really need to put it better way for them to understand better.

Danik came to me with a question " Why can't we go back, and at the end of the day relive our day again and what we did wrong just fix it this time? I wish to be able to live  some days again,help more or just make better choices?". I tried to explain that every day make us who we are, and who we will be. From our today's mistakes we get a lesson, and try not to do it again, because now we know that  our choices might make happy or hurt other people, people we love. Also I said that our today will never come back, and we have to try to have a better tomorrow, so we never regret it. I have to think more about how to explain better to our kids.

I am so ready for bed....

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, what a hard day?? :( But what a great question from Danik.

    I'm reminded of the song:
    Oh be careful little hands what you do
    Oh be careful little hands what you do
    There's a father up above looking down in tender love,
    So be careful little hands what you do.

    The other verses are:

    Oh be careful little mouth what you say.....
    Oh be careful little eyes what you see....
    Oh be careful little feet where you go.....
    Oh be careful little ears what you hear....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tatyana,

    Sounds like you are a mother! And a busy one at that! You were absolutely right with your advice to you son. Another way to say it is in this quote by Ghandi:

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts,
    Your thoughts become your words,
    Your words become your actions,
    Your actions become your habits,
    Your habits become your values,
    Your values become your destiny.”

    So each day we want to guard our thoughts, because, as you suggested, each choice adds up to shape our destiny.

    You are a wonderful mother with a heart the size of Texas. Have a blessed day, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Mama! We had the best advice about giving rules to new children. 1. Do not hurt yourself or others. 2. Obey the parents.
    They can only handle so many rules. You will need to add 3. Listen to teachers, too!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is wonderful you chose to take a "bad" day and use it a teachable lesson. They will remember your words as they grow! You're a good Mama!

    ReplyDelete