Monday, December 3, 2018

Finding Bio parents...trip to Ukraine Part 3

There is so much to share... I am not sure if people will even like to read all the detailes. In one way all the things we did for two first weeks in Ukraine, are really boring... but on the other hand, we did so much!

Finding Bio Parents...Trip to Ukraine Part 1    Finding Bio Parents...trip to Ukraine Part 2


Two days before this land...I had no idea where we would sleep, stay or who will great us at the airport! Which way should we head, and once we are in Kiev, what should be our next step!

I knew the language, so I thought...we will figure out once we are in Kiev....once we land I will get on the internet, and will find a hotel, exchange some money, and the buy a SIM card for a phone...
I thought, that in a day or  two we will figure out how we can get to Vinnitsa...

The last we heard, DJ's father was seen in Vinnitskaya oblast, so we knew that we had to get to Vinnitsa, and then find a driver, or get a bus to take us to that little village (3 hours away from

I know, maybe I am not the most responsible parent...but we made it this far with all of our kids, so I will say that I am kind of responsible...sometimes :) I felt safe doing it this way...

But...God had a plan!

One day before our trip, our oldest daughter insisted that I contact one of the ladies in Ukraine, her name is Helen. This lady lives in Kiev, and she works with kids, and orphanages. She is the one who helped our daughter find a family few years ago. Then this is the same lady that we talked, and we found our oldest thought her too! Anyway, our daughter told me" I already told Helen that you will be in Ukraine" and " Helen, told me that you need to contact her, and she will help you with anything you need" This was a blessing!

On one hand, I didn't want to bother anyone, and didn't want to ask for help, but it was a relief that we would have at least some kind of a plan... So I did contact Helen, about 24 hours before our trip!
She told me that she will help!
At the time she was not even in Ukraine, she was in America (business trip).

In about 30 minutes after I contacted her...I been told that two people will meet us at the airport, and will help us with anything we need, also she asked me what do we want to do next? Go to Vinnitsa the same day, or next day! She told us that they will find a place for us to stay if we need to stay in Kiev (no charge), or will help us to get to Vinnitsa...

I like to get everything done as soon as possible, so I told her that if there is a possibility, we would like to go to Vinnitsa the same day (Vinnitsa is about 3 hours from Kiev)

.............

August 10, 2018
We were scheduled to be in Kiev at 4:45, came at 5:15, not too bad, do to being late at Frankfurt! 

People from Mission Emanuel , two ladies and a driver came to the airport! Olenka, Marina and Pasha (the driver)
We were greeted by totally strangers with love and warmth! They took us to eat, to the train station, gave us a phone to use in Ukraine, and a new SIMs card. Took us to exchange some $, and also the train ticket was already purchased by them!

In about 3 hours after we landed , by 8:30 pm, we were on our way to Vinnitsa!!! God took care of everything! Used His people, and blessed us in every step during our journey!



We were greeted by Pastor Oleg in Vinitsya, and he took us to the Center, where we stayed. This center is a part of Mission Emanuel.

All the people who we met, we never saw them before but they treated us like someone they knew, and like someone who is related to them!

When we tried to thank them, gave them some $, we been told: "Helen told us to greet you! Take care of you! and Help you with anything you need! " "We need nothing in return"! "Thank God"!

So thankful for Helen, for her connections :) and all the people who are willing to serve anyone, even strangers like us!



***We been so tired...didn't take many pictures!


Landing in Kiev

In the train, it was actually a nice (more expensive), kind of like Business Class train! 

DJ got himself a burger at the McDonals.  (Kiev). I was not hungry...


The trained had outlets, and we are trying to figure out how it works. :)


At the Center... DJ's bed

My bed..

To be continue....

No comments:

Post a Comment