Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Sunday school teacher had a birthday...

8-18-2013
Sunday after church:

son: "Mom, today was my teacher's birthday"
mom: "Ok, did you sing Happy Birthday to him?"
son: "Yes , and he brought cupcakes and milk for everyone"
mom: "This is so nice of him. Did you enjoy it?"
son : "Well, after my Sunday school teacher passed all cupcakes around, and everyone got one, there was nothing left for him"
mom : silence
son: " and I thought that its not nice if he will not eat cupcake on his birthday, so I gave him mine. He didn't want to take it, but I insisted, so I just had some milk. "
mom: "Son,  You have a good heart, and this is what I was teaching you. You make me so proud! Me and daddy so blessed to be your parents and see your grow and become an adult!"


I cant even explain how proud I am.
For a child who been  in survival mode, and had to dig his food from garbage
For a child, who came from neglect, trauma and not having enough food for long time.
For a child who had problems controlling his portions at the table
For a child who never shared, especially food
For a child who been in the family only 3,5 years

THIS IS HUGE!

He has a tender heart, and he is my joy! My DJ, my oldest and always thankful son!

***later Sunday school teacher brought and gave DJ 2 candies, he appreciated him.

2 comments: