Friday, November 16, 2012

Our kids and their past

We were blessed to meet  our newly adopted sons grandpa , and few other relatives. We do know a lot of details about our boys, Danik and Stasik. We do talk/Skype with their grandpa few times a month, and boys enjoying  a lot. Every detail we know, and found out about our boys helping us. I think knowing more about their past helped us a lot to get to know our boys better, and parent them better.

We always wanted to find out more about Danilka and his past. We never had that opportunity. Finally, when we were about to leave Ukraine with our boys(2nd adoption), we asked our facilitator to help us find anything about Danilka. We were blessed, and our facilitator knew a person who could help(no extra charge).

Two days ago we finally got a phone # to Danilka's grandma, and yesterday we talked to her. We didn't' have much prepaid minutes left on our phone, but Sergey, I and Danilka, each got to talk for a few minutes. She is really nice lady, and I will be calling her again to talk about Danilka and his past.

I still dont' have any baby pictures of my boys, and looks like relatives has none too :( But I am happy that at least we know many details about our boys past, and boys can talk to their relatives!



***It was a good week, everyone is happy! Kids are in bed and I am enjoying my tea :)


2 comments:

  1. I just "met" my son Sergei's older sister for the first time via Skype last month. We'd talked on the phone once a few years ago, and through a friend, have sent letters....but seeing her - in what seemed like "in person" was just amazing. She is delightful and charming, which I would not have really picked up from photos or letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have these moments. They will appreciate the information later on. If you have the money later, you can get an age regression photo through phojoe.com. We did that for O and she LOVES it.

    ReplyDelete