Friday, May 8, 2015

What we are up to....

We are busy, our life is full of action...and it doesn't stop even for a second.

This is our last month of official homeschooling and I am happy about it. This was our first year of homeschooling, and it was not easy. I enjoy being home with all our kids, taking them places, spending extra time with each of them, teaching them something new, and just watching their progress. I know that I learned a lot myself throughout this year, and it will help us all in the next year. If everything goes well we will be homeschooling next year also.
Also, we are planning  to  do some school during summer. We will not have full day of school only 2-3 hours of school a day and rest of the time will play games, play outside, go for walks, visit parks, and just have a lot of fun.Hopefully.... :) 

What is new, and what is going on with in our family….

In adoption world:

Home study completed
USCIS already received our I800A and cashed our checks
We are getting all the paperwork for our dossier, and it is almost done
We are applying for grants;
Two grant applications are out
We did some remodeling in the house, preparing our house for our new addition
I never knew how much time and paperwork involved with applying for grants, sometimes I feel overwhelmed. We never applied for grants with our first 3 adoptions, but this time we do need financial help, and it would be nice if we don’t have to worry where to get rest of the money.  
We all can hardly wait to meet our new daughter and for her to join our family! This is so exciting!

Other news:

We had all boys in English and Math tutoring beginning January, and it will be over in two weeks
I am taking two boys to speech therapy every week; it will be over in 3 weeks
We have two boys in piano, and I take them to piano lessons every Tuesday, we will continue piano lessons though out the summer
Two older boys just finished their guitar lessons, and we will resume their lessons in the beginning of the next school year
Our life is busy, but I just love it, ok..most of the time…:)

Kids behaviors:

Let me just share this: this year was the easiest year in our lives. Homeschooling had helped us all, and we saw a lot of progress in all our children.  All kids got more mature, their academics improved, and emotionally they are more stable. I am thankful to our Lord for homeschooling opportunity. It was the best solution for our family.


My English is not perfect, and I was afraid that I can’t give my children proper English and teach them. Yes, I still worry about that, but now I understand that I can give them something that no one else can give them. We home school through charter school, and they provided us with English tutoring, many different websites with grammar, phonics and etc. Me and my kids learning English together :)  

2 comments:

  1. Love your heart. Your last sentence is so humbling-- you are a great Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete